Responsible for managing the Global IT Service Desk Operations and assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 7×24 basis.
- Perform staff scheduling to ensure Service Desk coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required;
- Manage the Service Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities;
- Provide staff support for administrative tasks and projects relative to the Service Desk Team deliverables;
- Monitor problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems;
- Invoke problem escalation procedures to coordinate recover;
- Isolate problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found;
- Ensure that weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department;
- Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the helpdesk workload/performance and identify trends in call center issues;
- Ensure that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Service Desk are continually carried through
- Coordinate training requirements of Service Desk personnel and knowledge transfer;
- Carry out New Hire Orientation and interview process;
- Liaise with client, vendor and internal team regarding a project, initiatives and issues
- Participate in internal and external audit and certification;
- Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement programs for assigned department(s);
- Solve problems and make decisions daily relative to Service Desk responsibilities.
- Ensures that effective Service Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions;
- Performed other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Management of IT
- College/Associates Degree in Information Technology or bachelor’s degree in related field
Technical Skills: (knowledge, experiences, IT tools/software, languages)
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a technical support environment or similar role and 3 years supervisory role
- Must be qualified for the Level III Service Desk (Please refer to SD JD)
- Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service with proven track record in achieving customer satisfaction and end-user satisfaction
- Excellent and effective communication and presentation skills – written, verbal and telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills, facilitating the efficient and effective identification of problems and application of appropriate solutions.
- Ability to comprehend and resolve the problems experienced by staff using software application programs
- Excellent Communication in English or French or German and Spanish (depending on the site requirement)
- Ability to multitask – Sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude
- Good planning, organizing, problem solving and time-management skills
- Willingness and ability to respond to call-outs in the evening, nights, and on weekends.
- Willingness and ability to be available for occasional emergency work or projects that might require coming in early, staying late or working on weekends.
- Willingness to travel as required
- Ability and willingness to maintain the absolute confidentiality of all sensitive files and materials accessed, discussed or observed while in the performance of duties
Feel Good @ Majorel Egypt
At Majorel Egypt we prioritize the wellbeing and development of all our employees to promote a pleasant work environment. This is why we ve created a unique program based on our values: Excellence, Creativity, and Respect. We assure you that with us you are going to #FeelGood