All businesses have an impact on the environment, which is why it’s important to conserve natural resources through local initiatives such as recycling and using renewable energy sources.
We also have a responsibility to the local communities where we operate and our wider society – whether that’s getting involved with educational programs or supporting charities and good causes.
Here are some of the causes we have supported this year:
# Stand for Ukraine
Searching for ways to help refugees, we realized that our help becomes even more valuable when it suits their real needs:
- We offered more than 2000 meals for the Ukrainian refugees together with NGO Bucuria Darului.
- We donated 5 000 Euro to Fundatia Comunitara, for food & supplies to CATTIA (a place in Brasov where refugees received shelter & food).
- We donated 50 000 Euro to Romanian Red Cross in order to support their long term projects: offering medical services to Ukrainian refugees and learning centers for their children.
We strongly believe that our help can make a difference in people’s life, for long therm.
Together with Grow and Know Association, we have renovated two classrooms in the Slon school (Prahova County) and brought a new look and feel to a monotone place.
We also supported the Grow.Know.Explore project: 65 students from Budila, a small village in Brasov, went on a trip to Bucharest, to see the most important sights of the city. For some of them, this was the first trip of their life.
- We donated 3 000 Euro for the children and adults that are cared by the Hospice Association – a charity organization that offers free services for people suffering from incurable diseases.
- 50 of our colleagues participated in the running competition ”Aleargă tu pentru ei” helping Hospice Association to collect money for their charity activities.
# Animal Welfare
Because #MajorelPeople love animals, we started a collaboration with NUCA Animal Welfare Association.
We wanted to contribute to the improvement of the situation of stray animals, both through sponsorships and through volunteer actions.
Our contribution has helped a lot of kittens in Cluj and we organized an internal event with NUCA Association to raise awareness about the problem of stray animals.